<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A few budget words 

The budget reminds me a little of a story of an American soldier back in WW2 time. He and his girlfriend turned up at the office of a Justice Of the Peace on a Friday afternoon asking to be married – the man was to be shipped off overseas on Monday morning.

‘Sure thing soldier’ said the Justice. ‘Just let me see your marriage license.’

‘License – we need a license?’ says the young man.

‘Yes and I am sorry. Without the license I just cant marry you’.

‘Well in that case Judge, could you just say a few words to tide us over the weekend?’

And that at the bottom is the budget – a few words to tide us over the next 40 days or so…

Labels:


Comments:
Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com