<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Money makes the world go round! 

A fair number of years ago - more than long enough for the statute of limitations to apply - OK nearly a quarter-century- I worked for an engineering firm doing business in Iraq and the Gulf States and 'elsewhere in that region'. (If you have ever had a crap in Abu Dhabi airport you have come close to some of our products).

I remember taking a train trip down from Coventry to Euston with literally a briefcase full of the firm's money in cash to hand over to an individual in the station concourse. He and his minder gave me a coffee while they discretely checked the case.

I wonder what all that was about 8:0

The current uproar about BEA making payments 'unofficially' to agents and fixers covers ground which is totally unsurprising to me.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com