<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hello can you hear me? 

Lots of new campaign presentations coming up from leadership contenders, including online videos and audio items. All very nice if you have the bandwidth to cope and no doubt more people will have access to this means of presentation over the next few years.

However as a deaf person all this spoken word is just noise. If the candidates want me to get the message they are sending out I need alternative pathways to their content. Transcripts for example, or subtitles to the videos.

I am actually feeling a little cut off from the current debates, even those presented by my favoured candidate.

About nine million people in the UK have appreciable hearing loss. So as I said before about saying ‘Mumble-illion pounds’ it might be helpful to give some thought to presentation of LibDem arguments taking account of that population…

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com